Acts 1:8 Missions Ministry
Changing Lives through the Love of Christ
Our mission is to provide real help for the poor in Haiti. While we strive to be fluid in meeting needs, there are several core projects we are firmly committed to:
• The Orphanage After the children at an orphanage were abandoned, our mission took over their care. In June 2017, we leased a bright new home for them, gave them medical evaluations, and they are all enrolled in school. We won’t let them get abandoned again so this is a project where monetary donations are so appreciated.
• School sponsorship Education is priceless way for Haitian children to have a better future. Education is not free and so many have no possibility of ever attending school. You cannot imagine the pride and joy you give a child when you sponsor them for school. It is a gift they will always possess.
• Medical Support
We always need medical supplies to give to area doctors and caretakers. We also pay for medical attention and medicine. The people don’t even have bandages or aspirin much less money for a doctor. Because of supporters like you, lives have physically been saved.
Anywhere you look there are men and women, boys and girls and babies without clothes, shoes and food. On every mission trip and as needs arise we give these away along with personal hygiene items, school supplies and gifts. We take donated items or buy items there. Have your group fill up gallon zip lock bags with things like a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, a gift, crackers and hard candy and then personalize for a man, woman, boy or girl by adding appropriate items.
• Goat program - This is a wonderful means of support. Not only does a goat provide milk and cheese, but it also provide a source of income and pride. Goats are purchased in the local market, de-wormed and ear-tagged, then given to a deserving and responsible family. $70/goat
• Clean Water
Lifestraw Community Water Filters & Wells – Clean water is life-saving. You can purchase a Lifestraw Community Water Filter that prevents waterborne disease such as diarrhea, typhoid, cholera, and worms for $350. We will deliver the filter to Haiti. http://www.vestergaard.com/lifestraw-community You can also help put in a well in desperate places.
• Community Garden
Starvation is still a major problem. We leased a banana grove in a region with good water. We are working to transform it into a productive garden to feed the familes and children.
• Flexibility to Meet Urgent Needs
This is where monetary donations are especially needed. Whether someone needs emergency medical care, a new home, corrective eye care, or other urgent need we want to be able to respond as quickly as possible.
On-going support and improvements:
• Family housing
• Churches and orphanages
• Children education, clothing and family support
Our goal is to help Haitians in a sustainable way, not to be a hand-out.